Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Two Thumbs Up for Donnerdeal Customer Service!

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by schenkadere, Feb 12, 2018.

1. schenkadere

schenkadere Friend of Leo's

May 13, 2009
    NY
    Just want to give a shout out to Donnerdeal. I purchased the Donner Alpha Force multi effects pedal and I wasn't very happy with the chorus. I emailed them questioning whether or not my unit was defective since the chorus was so crazy subtle. I felt it behave the same as what I had seen in the multiple demos on Youtube. They responded quickly and asked me to send a short video with an example of my issue. I made a short iPhone video and they sent it to their techs. A few days later I receive an email saying they're sending me another unit. They aren't even asking for the original unit back. It was relatively quick and all through email. They were very polite as well.

It may or may not be defective. Maybe that's just how the chorus is. I guess I'll see when I receive the replacement. Either way, I think it was great customer service which is rare these days and I wouldn't hesitate purchasing from them again. I really like the pedal and it was about $18 cheaper direct than through Amazon.

2. Kayle McGuire

Kayle McGuire Tele-Meister

Jul 31, 2017
    Canada
    That’s great! Unfortunately, pedals from boutique builders are too expensive to simply replace. But I know JHS, Keeley, Wampler, and many other companies and have great warranty and are really good with customer service.

I bet it’s cheaper and easier for Donner to just send you another one, haha.

Rock on man! :)

3. schenkadere

May 13, 2009
    NY
    I just thought it was going to be a bust...I was pleasantly surprised and I'm sure you're right about the cost of repair vs. replace. I had a recent thumbs up experience with Truetone(former Visual Sound) for a repair. Lifetime warranty on the legacy VS stuff. How can you beat that? It's nice to know there's still good service around.

4. schmee

schmee Friend of Leo's

Jun 2, 2003
    northwest
    The little Donner multi pedal I have is killer. Forget what it's called, but good Vibe, Rotating and tremelo etc.

5. schenkadere

May 13, 2009
    NY
    I received the replacement. Chorus sounds the same. Lol. Guess that’s just how it is. Oh well. It’s not terrible. I use it the least of the other two effects anyway.

Guess I have a new Donner Alpha Force to sell.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.