Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Pressure Assisted Toilets

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Bones, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

2. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    In the day of the outhouse, the question was never satisfactorily answered; Is the outhouse half full, or half empty?

3. Sconnie

Sconnie Tele-Holic

May 1, 2017
    Denver, CO
    I worked as a janitor for a couple years in high school and only had to clean two real estate office buildings, bathrooms were (fortunately) never my responsibility. Every time I see one of the pressure flush toilets I think to myself "janitors must love these things" since they seem difficult to clog. Their job is bad enough, and usually thankless for that matter, so I like seeing things that spare them a nasty experience.

For home use? Nah... I eat enough fiber.

4. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    I have a neighbor with a two hole outhouse with windows facing a million dollar view while you are seated.

Toto'sDad likes this.

5. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Now that's social engineering!

Flakey and Obsessed like this.

6. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    It was built be the previous owner that was a retired Air Force officer. Maybe that is all he knew.;)

Toto'sDad likes this.

7. jimbo735

jimbo735 Tele-Holic

Sep 19, 2011
    Michigan
    Im already traumatized from the regular toilets backing up and over flowing,Ive seen things that are of another world!
    I think Ill pass due to the wonderment of it being pressurized and it malfunctions.I think its a great idea though.:)

8. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Well, that's certainly enough! Might not go over well in town, but hey out there...

Obsessed likes this.

9. Bones

Bones Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Luddite Island, NY
    We have never had a back up, I know they happen, but I'm not sure how, unless there's something fundamentally wrong with the plumbing or puts something in there that doesn't go in there. I just like the way these pressure assist units work, it's like a magic trick. Just seems quicker and cleaner.

jimbo735 likes this.

10. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 9, 2008
    Detroit
    My buddy has an added basement bathroom where he didn't want to run a wasteline to tie into his waste line through the concrete floor so he installed it using a chopper box and pump system.

He's had to work on that a couple times. I did not go over and help him...

jimbo735, jackinjax and Toto'sDad like this.

11. Bones

Bones Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Luddite Island, NY
    even the best of friends have to draw the line somewhere.

12. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Wise choice on your part.

13. Bill

Bill Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Mar 16, 2003
    London
    Sounds way over complicated. In my day we ate the kinda food that didn’t require a flush toilet.

It’d make you go so hard it would blast its own way straight to the sewer.

And burn the pipes clean on the way.

14. jimbo735

jimbo735 Tele-Holic

Sep 19, 2011
    Michigan

15. Frontman

Frontman Tele-Holic

Jul 10, 2014
    Tokyo
    My toilet is pretty interesting. If I walk into the bathroom, a sensor raises the lid automatically. The seat is electrically heated, when I sit, the toilet sprays mist into the bowl to prevent anything sticking to it.

The controls are electronic, it has a built in bidet and rinse, the water is heated to make it more comfortable. It also has a deodorizer, massage, and dryer.

It wasn’t cheap, costing around $3000.

HotRodSteve likes this.

16. HotRodSteve

HotRodSteve Friend of Leo's

Sep 24, 2013
    The Hudson Valley
    I have a Kohler toilet with a Flushmate in the guest bathroom. It will flush a cat into the septic tank if need be. It is loud and fills up in around 30 seconds. Only problem is that you have to jiggle the handle after you flush, otherwise it never re-pressurizes and won't flush. I've tried adjusting it and explaining to guests that "you need to jiggle the handle afterwards". I'm thinking of removing the Flushmate.

17. TwangyWhammy

TwangyWhammy Friend of Leo's

Jan 10, 2014
    Under the DownUnder

If I hadn't seen one of these 'spaceships' in real life in hotel rooms during my travels in Asia, I wouldn't have believed you!

I was too scared to use it, it case it sprayed water or air when and where it shouldn't!!

18. koen

koen Tele-Afflicted

May 19, 2007
    West of Morocco
    I sometimes need some pressure assistance when I use the bathroom. :eek:

19. cactusrob

cactusrob Friend of Leo's

Aug 26, 2009
    Georgia
    If they are the same as some of the newer gas stations have, you almost need hearing protection when you flush. It sounds like an F-14 flying by !

20. TwangyWhammy

TwangyWhammy Friend of Leo's

Jan 10, 2014
    Under the DownUnder
    The only pressurised toilets that I'm aware of, are the ones on airliners. I cautioned my kids (pre-teens at the time) about how loud they flushed so they wouldn't get a fright (during their first international long-haul flight). They thought Dad was just pranking them and so ignored my fair warning. You should've seen the whites of their eyes in their traumatised faces as they made their way back to their seats... hilarious!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.