Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

muddy and mick !

Discussion in 'Tab, Tips, Theory and Technique' started by johnny k, Feb 13, 2018.

1. johnny k

johnny k Friend of Leo's

Jan 15, 2011
    France

and keith ! and roonie

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018

2. Larry F

Larry F Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

Nov 5, 2006
    Iowa City, IA
    My old stomping ground, Buddy Guy's Checkerboard Lounge on 43rd street in Chicago. It's a smallish space with next to nothing for a stage. In Junior Welles' backing band (featuring the brilliant Dion Payton and a young Joanna Connor, just off the bus from Boston), the drummer and keyboard player were on the floor.

Apparently, the Stones stiffed Buddy Guy after renting the place. I've heard that Jagger hates to part with a penny.

For several years after, there would be talk that the Stones were going to come back sometime. BB King was sometimes rumored to be playing there unannounced on New Years Eve. I can't say whether it happened or not. I'd bet that he did.

3. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    I have watched this vid many times. Something special about it.

4. johnny k

johnny k Friend of Leo's

Jan 15, 2011
    France
    I m here for Muddy.Never cared much about the stones, but it s cool to see them fooling around.

5. screamin eagle

screamin eagle Friend of Leo's

Oct 9, 2008
    S. CA
    The checkerboard lounge. Yeah, seen that many times. Good times. Glad it's memorialized for all the future to see. Maybe it's not great, but it is important.

6. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    Muddy’s a frick’n gawd!
    This also reminds me of my only time in Chicago, for the 25th Annual Blues Fest...seeing Buddy Guy sitting at the end of the bar, at his Legends club. Initially, I didn’t recognize him, wearing a track suit, Kango cap & no million dollar smile. Ironically, Buddy joined Nick Moss & his Flip Flops, singing vocals on a couple of Muddy #’s.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.