Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Happy Valentines Day!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by 3fngrs, Feb 13, 2018.

1. 3fngrs

3fngrs Tele-Afflicted

Oct 30, 2017
    Ohio
    What are you giving you significant other?

My gal's getting a really nice sewing machine. She pointed it out to me a few weeks ago and I acted like I wasn't paying attention. Can't wait until morning. I'll bet she cries when I ask her to go make coffee and this beauty's sitting on the kitchen table.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018

2. Guitharley

Guitharley Tele-Holic

Jan 5, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    I love that idea......so at least thats 2 of us

3fngrs likes this.

3. Nubs

Nubs Tele-Holic

Aug 16, 2014
    Houston, TX
    I'm getting my gal the same thing I got her last year...

Nothing...I don't have a woman :(

faulp, Tele1966, nojazzhere and 2 others like this.

4. 8barlouie

8barlouie Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

May 9, 2015
    Seekonk, MA
    I almost didn’t like this for concern you would take it the wrong way. I hope you’re doing something amorous in some way.

As for me, I’m going to get my wife of thirty years a nice box of chocolates. I know it seems trite, but for her, as with many people, it’s an aphrodisiac! Muhahahaha!

Tele1966, nojazzhere and 3fngrs like this.

5. tery

tery Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Sep 21, 2012
    Tennessee
    No new girlfriends until After V-Day :D

6. 3fngrs

3fngrs Tele-Afflicted

Oct 30, 2017
    Ohio
    Took me thirty five years and a couple failed marriages to find one that seems to like me enough to put up with my crap!

kuvash, Tele1966, nojazzhere and 2 others like this.

7. voodooblues

voodooblues Friend of Leo's

Sep 12, 2012
    Berwyn, Il
    A private tango lesson followed by dessert.

Tele1966, tery, 3fngrs and 1 other person like this.

8. TimothyC

TimothyC Tele-Afflicted

May 12, 2016
    California
    Im in a pretty crappy spot, pretty sure my wife and I are seperating (or maybe we already have, hard to keep up) and I tried to celebrate her birthday on Sunday with her. Then tomorrow is Valentines day, and two weeks is our 10 year anniversary... Hmmm... I think Valentine's day is kaput this year. Though I get to help my daughter make 30 cookies and cards for her class! My baking skills might ruin her Valentine's day too though.

Tele1966 and nojazzhere like this.

9. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    Happy VD to all you lovers!

10. Frontman

Frontman Tele-Holic

Jul 10, 2014
    Tokyo
    In Japan, Valentine's day is kind of backwards, women give men chocolate. My wife got up early to make a chocolate fudge cake this morning, and my daughter brought it to me. One month from today, March 14th, is called "White day", and those men who receive chocolate from women must give them a white gift in return.

It probably sounds silly, Japan is kind of weird about these things, Christmas Eve is actually the big holiday for couples here. But in Korea, things are even more weird.

warrent, Tele1966, tery and 1 other person like this.

11. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Tele-Afflicted

Feb 3, 2017
    Foat Wuth, Texas
    Sorry to hear that Timothy....good wishes to you whichever way it goes. Not what you want to hear, but I thank God almost every day that he had the wisdom to get my ex out of my life 36-or-so years ago. It's all about the Karma.....

TimothyC likes this.

12. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    Smiles, hugs and kisses...same as every day.

Tele1966, RetroTeleRod, tery and 2 others like this.

13. TimothyC

TimothyC Tele-Afflicted

May 12, 2016
    California
    Thanks for the good wishes, I'll deal with life as it comes. Regardless it'll make me stronger. Still fun to help my daughter with all her valentines day stuff for school and her friends. Thankfully my mom handled the baking, so cookies came out perfect for her class.

Tele1966, nojazzhere and RetroTeleRod like this.

14. Random1643

Random1643 Tele-Meister

Mar 11, 2015
    Upper Midwest
    I'll get my lovely wife a rose and take her out for a steak & lobster dinner. Just doing the math we started dating over 50 years ago.

Tele1966, RetroTeleRod, tery and 2 others like this.

15. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Fort Collins, CO
    My ex hated Valentines Day. She got dumped by a previous boy friend on Feb. 14th.

I'm going to take a thank you card and chocolates to the outpatient infusion nurses who took care of me for the last three or so years. I miss them now that I'm tanked up with fluids.

16. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    My wife had never had a really nice sewing machine because her and her sister were constantly trading ones they'd picked up at yard sales and such. So, when I retired, I bought her a brand new Baby Lock that was around $1200 bucks. I had some pretty hefty bonuses right before I quit working, bought several high dollar guitars (all of which are gone) and so I thought it'd be cool to buy her a good sewing machine. It was pretty fancy, she even had to attend a school that lasted for a while, but I think she only went one day a week.

I hope your gal likes her new machine!

Tele1966 and 8barlouie like this.

17. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    I'm gonna do the practical thing, I'm taking her golfing, and I fixed her up with a couple of new wedges and had 'em fitted with grips that are perfect for her hand size, to her exact preferred length. All of her grips have men's grips, with two spacer wraps and a sticky wrap. It's odd 'cause she has small hands and is only (claimed 5' 2") Actual, (5' 1") and weighs under a 130 pounds.

Tele1966, Chud, tery and 2 others like this.

18. 3fngrs

3fngrs Tele-Afflicted

Oct 30, 2017
    Ohio
    You like 'em tall, huh? Mine is 4'10". I'm 5'11".

Tele1966, Toto'sDad and tery like this.

19. Tele1966

Tele1966 Tele-Afflicted

Jul 30, 2014
    US
    My thoughts and prayers are with you man.

20. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Tamworth, 'straya.
    I'm getting my wife a new garage door opener (motor) and remotes. The guys are here installing it all right now as I type.

Happy Hallmark Greeting Card day boys and girls.

Tele1966, Stubee, Toto'sDad and 2 others like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.