Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

First for me, sent a pedal off for repair!

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Axis29, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Axis29

Axis29 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Jan 2, 2007
    Virginia, USA
    Sent my Fuzz Head off to Keeley for repair today. Never done that before!

My Fuzz Head has developed a volume issue... as in very little volume. The issue was there with different cables, on battery, on power supply, etc.

Got a nice email form Sean at Keeley following up on my repair ticket submission.

Looking forward to getting my Fuzz Head back... I miss it already.

2. theprofessor

theprofessor Friend of Leo's

Aug 8, 2016
    Chattanooga, TN
    Well at least the company is willing to be communicative and fix the problem. Better than a lot of other pedal companies out there!

Axis29 likes this.

3. don71

don71 Tele-Afflicted

Dec 6, 2009
    Central Missouri
    I can imagine the apprehension.

In any case, I bet it comes back just fine. Customer service does go a long way, communication being an important part.

Axis29 likes this.

4. schenkadere

schenkadere Friend of Leo's

May 13, 2009
    NY
    I just recently sent my VS Route 66 V2 for repair. I had a similar issue. Out and back in no time. No cost, no questions asked, just a perfectly functioning pedal.

Axis29 and RetroTeleRod like this.

5. 6BQ5

6BQ5 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

May 31, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I can imagine Keeley will do a nice job. I haven't been through a repair with them, but I've found their customer service to be very responsive to questions via email. I went through a repair with Walrus Audio. They were quick, hassle-free, and it was definitely a repair as opposed to a replacement.

Axis29 likes this.

6. Unionjack515

Unionjack515 Tele-Meister

Jan 24, 2016
    Batavia, IL
    Can’t speak to the actual turnaround time here (luckily, because I’ve never had any issues), but I just discovered the downside to buying TRex pedals—they’re made in Denmark, and all warranty repairs must go there.

Axis29 likes this.

7. KCJonez

KCJonez Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Feb 3, 2011
    Toronto
    I actually had the same experience last week. have been disappointed with the micro-tron iii I ordered from mu-fx and finally decided something must be off with it (very trebly, filter closing too quick, etc). So I Sent it back and they've replaced the board, tested it out and shipped it off. No idea how the box will sound when I get it back but they definitely score an A+ for customer service.

Axis29 likes this.

8. vkinetic

vkinetic Tele-Meister

Nov 22, 2017
    Bundeena, Sydney, Australia
    I have had a few Keeley pedals over the years but currently only have the Compressor Plus and The Filaments High Gain Distortion. I thought the Filaments may have been faulty because there is a huge volume jump when you turn the Crunch switch on. I sent an email to Keeley and even had my supplier (a local retail store) send an email to them when I didn't get a response to my email. The retailer didn't get a response either so I thought that was a bit slack of Keeley and I wonder what sort of customer service I would get from them in the event of a warranty claim. Didn't install a great deal of confidence for Keeley customer service for us down in Australia. Unfortunately (or fortunately!) though they make great pedals.

9. artdecade

artdecade Poster Extraordinaire

Dec 6, 2010
    Twangsylvania
    Keeley does a fine job. They will have it up and running again in no time.

Axis29 likes this.

10. Axis29

Jan 2, 2007
    Virginia, USA
    Not bad, ten days from the day I shipped it off, got an email from Keeley telling me they had shipped my Fuzz Head back to me! Yay!

11. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    Good!

I had a similar good, timely experience with Peterson.

Axis29 likes this.

12. czech-one-2

czech-one-2 Friend of Leo's

Oct 3, 2008
    Prague
    They should take care of you, you've been the#1 fuzz head ambassador for many years! Been wanting to try one all this time....

Axis29 likes this.

13. Axis29

Jan 2, 2007
    Virginia, USA
    LOL. I dunno about all that. But, i will say I still, love my FH. I guess i have spouted off about it a few times over the years. Can't wait to get it back tomorrow (supposed to come in the mail), I've got another gig tomorrow night (fourth this week). It would be fun to put it back into rotation!

14. teleplayr

teleplayr Tele-Meister

I bought an Option 5 Destination Rotation Single used and the smaller controls on top of the pedal were difficult to use.

I contacted the Option 5 people and they said "send it to us" they repaired the pedal at no cost and sent it back.

Talk about great customer service and on a used pedal to boot!

Also had the Rocktron people do the same thing years ago.

Axis29 likes this.

15. Axis29

Jan 2, 2007
    Virginia, USA
    Got my Fuzz Head back today! The folks at keeley packed it well, included a new generic Keely Electronics box, with foam and such inside, a nice littel Keeley sticker and a set of brand new rubber feet (I took mine off and replaced them with velcro years ago).

I'm sure happy. Gonna go gig it tonight!

czech-one-2 likes this.

16. mad dog

mad dog Friend of Leo's

Jun 27, 2005
    Montclair, NJ
    Me too, first time pedal repair. A TIM pedal. Bypass switch has been flakey for a long time. Finally couldn't get it to work at all. Off to Fuchs Audio, which happens to be all of 2 miles from my house. Andy is working is magic now.
    MD

Axis29 likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.