Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

2018 Winter Olympics....

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by joebloggs13, Jan 21, 2018.

1. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

I suggest checking out the girl group Moranbong on YouTube. They are being sent to the Olympics.

2. trev333

trev333 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

just watching the opening ceremony replay....

t one point there were 1200 drones in the sky doing all kinds of large symbols/displays formations in the night sky..... pretty amazing to see a swarm of lights go from a random blob to forming the Olympic rings and other shapes in the sky in a few moments.. ... hard to get your head around ....:)

look out!.. a drone swarm is coming your way one day..... yikkes...:twisted:

3. trev333

insane.. watching snow board freestyle qualifying runs... going down over all kinds of ramps, rails and jump sections.... corkscrew spiral moves and spinning like tops through the air and landing dead straight downhill....

every guy so far has nailed it..... awesome stuff..

esetter likes this.

4. Stubee

Stubee Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Jan 22, 2007
    Mid-Michigan
    I’m enjoying Men’s Downhill training runs on TV now. Looking forward to tonight’s finals as I’ve been fascinated by top skier skill since Jean Claude Killy days. IMG_7832.JPG

RLee77 likes this.

5. Recce

Recce Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

May 3, 2016
    Northern Alabama
    I like the Olympics. I prefer the winter to the summer because to me it is more interesting. Love the skiing, luge, and bobsled.

6. Omiewise65

Omiewise65 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Aug 15, 2009
    Bavarian Iller Delta
    Well, two gold medals at the first day ! I'd say 'keep 'em comin' !

7. Silent Otto

Silent Otto Tele-Meister

Jun 1, 2015
    3rd rock
    Bah on Killy, Stenmark is still the King!
    [​IMG]

Guran and Stubee like this.

8. MrGibbly

MrGibbly Tele-Holic

Apr 19, 2014
    SATX
    I love the Winter Olympics. Easily my favorite sporting event and by a wide margin.

9. uriah1

uriah1 Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Feb 12, 2011
    Around
    Curling anyone.

10. Teleterr

Teleterr Friend of Leo's

Feb 7, 2011
    Lewes De.
    I m put off by the B S of the Olympics in general. I m disgusted that congress in one of their stealthily-serving-corporate- interests-while-pretending-to-pander-to-the-masses momements gave "The Olympics" special status. I think them suing some poor Stavros for daring to call his establishment the "Olympic Diner" was the wake up for me. Since then they have bribed goverments' officals for sites and left the taxpayers paying the cost while they scoop up the "profits". And of course the environmental negative impacts...
    No, not excited.

11. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Ad Free Member

May 10, 2003
    Near Milwaukee

12. brobar

brobar Tele-Holic

May 30, 2017
    Colorado
    I’m actually more excited to watch hockey in the okympics now BECAUSE NHL all-stars aren’t in it. I see those guys play almost every night.

Like in the summer olympics... I find the NBA all-star “dream teams” boring to watch.

That may just be me though.

Love me some curling!

Picton and Chip like this.

13. trev333

Watching the slope style snowboard final on tv.... and watching a local surf comp finals on the PC....

both on the same screen.... tv on a qtr screen on the surf page ....

interesting juxtaposition.... surfing in the water and on snow....

teletimetx likes this.

14. Larmo63

Larmo63 Tele-Holic

Feb 1, 2018
    Timbuktu, Earth
    Too commercial for me. I'm not watching 5 minutes of curling, then 8 minutes of Bud Light and Tide commercials. I don't and won't EVER watch the NFL again, and I think the Olympics are a big money scam to get people to buy products. I won't waste my time.
    God, I sound grouchy.

Pickcity, 1955 and william tele like this.

15. trev333

17 yr old Red Gerrard from the USA wins the slope style final.....
    youngest guy in the field nails his last run and leap frogs the field into gold....:cool:

love how the snowboarders are wearing the baggiest, drop crutch, large parka gear they can, in competition......

when most other athletes are wearing skin tight lycra trying to get the least wind resistance they can ..:lol:

Chip, badger51 and Stubee like this.

16. Picton

Picton Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Feb 7, 2009
    Reading, Massachusetts
    SWMBO hates the US competition jacket. She says it looks like it needs a good wash.

She’s right.

17. Chatnoir

Chatnoir Tele-Holic

Sep 5, 2016
    Peabody, MA
    I'm sick of all the politics and everyone attacking the current administration to win brownie points. The games are supposed to be about representing one's country and now it's just people representing themselves. I no longer watch.

Laura

Pickin N Grinin and Pickcity like this.

18. badger51

badger51 Tele-Meister

Sep 7, 2009
    Verona,WI
    I really like watching the snow boarders and the speed skaters. The rest not so much anymore. Madison had a good run of olympians once. I went to high school with olympic speedskaters Eric and Beth Heiden, Dan Imerfall, and Lori Monk. They all medaled. Miracle on ice Hockey players Mark Johnson and Bobby Sutter went to Madison high schools at that same time too

19. Frontman

Frontman Tele-Holic

Jul 10, 2014
    Tokyo
    I stopped watching when ABC stopped broadcasting the games. I got tired of watching 5 minutes of commercials for every three minutes of sports. The Olympics was much better when it was amateur event, and no sponsors were allowed. But the IOC and organizers have expensive tastes nowadays, and the Olympics is a great way to generate tons of money.

1955 likes this.

20. raito

raito Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Nov 22, 2010
    Madison, WI
    So did I, though it looks like they were younger than than you and older than me.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.